Thursday, June 3, 2010

The End of School is Almost Here!






The school year is almost here. I can hardly wait and am so looking forward to having the kids around and the relaxing lifestyle of summers at the Thompson house. We go to bed later, get up later, eat breakfast when we are hungry and no hurry scurry trying to get everyone out of the house in shifts in the morning. I homeschooled for 15 years and can't say I have ever liked the school routine. Plus the elementary schools seem to think we have nothing better to do than attend school functions. The end of year stuff is extremely crazy and tonight was not exception with Chantel having a circus performance at 6:00 and Drew having an awards ceremony at 6:30. Dale drops Chantel, Summer and I off at the elememtary school, runs Drew and Beau over to the Junior High and races back for the Circus. Of course I discover that one of my kids unplugged the battery from the charger, so I started filming the circus to share and the battery promptly died. Chantel did an awesome job being the "balance beam girl" and the circus was extremely cute. I wish I was able to share more of it.My cell phone pics didn't really turn out well. The Circus concluded for us to race over to the other school in time to see Drew get several awards for Art and Outstanding student. Two more days of school left, a field trip to Circus World and another school year will be completed. Yay!!!

5 comments:

ShareandRemember said...

What an adorable little video! I only have one child and can hardly make it to school functions....I need more than 1 week notice!

The J's said...

I'm so with you on the routine thing, and kids in more than one school is a pain.--plus I hate school functions!! Luckily our grade school has very few of them. What I hate worse is getting told about them last minute. (oh, you mean they were on the calendar? WHAT calender, and WHERE did you run off with it to!!!)

Ethel said...

what are you doing this summer?! enjoyed your post!

Anita said...

cute circus! ;)

Anonymous said...

I hаve learn a few just right stuff here.
Definіtely value bookmarking foг reѵiѕiting.
I ѕurρrisе hоw much attempt you put tο makе one of
these excellеnt іnformative site.


Also visit my blog :: Lloyd Irvin