Monday, March 25, 2013

Friday in Aparecida do Norte

Friday, we explored a neighboring city a little bit with Eryka. She needed to look for a few things for the celebration next week, so it was time to explore her city. The first stop was a Passarela shoe store. I admired Eryka's collection of unusual and amazing boots and shoes when she visited the US. I think she put that high on her list of places to take me when I came to Brazil.  If any of you ladies wish to check out their shoes, here is a link.I bought an awesome, comfortable pair of boots for my souvenir. Here are some pics from the shoe store. It was shoes from wall to wall as far as you can see. There are sales people standing, waiting to serve you. I found out that many people are still employed in Brazil because they are serving others, whether it is fitting shoes or filling gas tanks, and putting air in tires. Not much self service here in Brazil yet. I rather like that.


 
 
We checked out one of the many Catholic cathedrals in Brazil. There is a strong Catholic heritage in Brazil with many cathedrals.



 
 

No comments: